Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's a Small World after ALL.

No I am not referring to the Disneyland ride that leaves a song in your head FOREVER!  But the circumstances that we find ourselves in here has caused us to ponder in awe and wonder at the Lord's magnificent hand of aid on our behalf daily and thoughout our lives. 

D and I both went to school at NAU in Flagstaff, Arizona.  We both pondered going to school in Utah but felt it was not right.  We found each other and married.  We lived in Flagstaff for 3 years before graduating.  We had the opportunity to make some of the greatest friendships ever with some of the most amazing people.  Perhaps it was the circumstances of being poor college students struggling to make it on ramen noodles and limited budgets, but it was GRAND.  We lived in cinderblock homes with lofts to create more space.  Had mini-me appliances, but we felt amazing.  We will always treasure that time.

Upon graduation we were planning on attending UNLV in Las Vegas for D's continuing education.  Plans were made and then the Lord stepped in and redirected us.  We ended up spending some time in Snowflake as we were getting our bearrings in line.  Upon prayer and fasting, we determined that we needed to move to Denver.  We made a visit to Denver and drove though it from North to South and East to West.  Grateful to a contact from church: My husbands mission companion who lived in Brighton, CO we had a place to stay while we explored.  We found a place to live and it just felt right.  So in two weeks we were living there without jobs or anything.  Yes, some call it stupidity.  Hind sight is 20/20 and I agree...stupid.  But somehow the Lord was looking after us because at the time we felt incredibly calm and confident in our decision.  Remarkeably, we both got jobs and we were blessed with the most AMAZING (Church)WARD EVER!

We knew that Denver was our home and we LOVED IT!  Colorado IS home to us.  It is where we "Grew Up" in our marriage and started our family.  It is the first place we really planted roots and established our home.  It was so good to us.  I saw the Lord bless our lives continually.  He was always aware of our needs and we were always blessed to be surrounded by loving people that helped us on our journey of life.

But then it changed as our kids grew older.  We both felt a need for change.  But where?  We looked into many options but nothing felt right.  We looked north and south.  Nothing?  New jobs and opportunities came.  But still we had this feeling that we needed to move, but where? 

Some of our greatest friends moved to Alaska as you know in this blog.  It was them that put the opportunity in our laps.  It was again, the Lord providing a way for us.  So many magical things happened with the move that are explained only as miracles.  Again, the Lord is mindful of us.

So here is where the world gets a bit smaller. Upon arriving in November, D goes to church to realize that a friend from Flagstaff is in our ward.  Eric and Stephanie Bacon.  No coincidence I think.  I now do preschool with her and her neighbor with our three boys of the same age.  Another answer to prayer.  Then upon talking to D's parents we discover that the member family that essentially gave my in-laws the opportunity of the gospel live in Anchorage with their family.  D's parents joined the church in Panama on a military assignment.  D was 4 years old!  That member family is now ours too.  Ralph and Shirley Howes are AMAZING!  We feel so blessed to be associated with them.  He is a sealer in our temple and they have served many missions...too many to count.  They have amazing children and grandchildren.  We now have monthly FHE (Family Home Evening Nights) with them.  We are so blessed.  What an amazing experience.  Words cannot express.

There's more:  The Bacon's we further learned are related another way to D and I than school.  Chaplain Bacon (Eric's Father) served in the Air Force with and when D's parents were in Arizona.  His father had given great counsel and help to D's family in a time of need.  Funny how things come full circle.

So we realize that it is a small world here.  I feel so blessed to be in the circumstances we find ourselves in.  I know without a doubt that the Lord's hand is and always has been in my life.  He is mindful of me and my family.  His love is everywhere- we just need to look to see it.  I know that this is where we need to be for our lives for this particular time in our lives.  The Lord has made that known more than once.  I feel so blessed.

My children are happy. My hubs is happy.  I'm happy.  "I have no greater joy than to see that my children walk in righteousness"  This I know to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment